REVIEW: KIKO Milano Smart Lipstick in 924 Almond

KIKO Smart Lipstick in 924 Almond

I recently went to Amsterdam where they have one of the few KIKO stores in The Netherlands. I knew I wanted a nude-brownish lipstick and finally decided to pick up the Smart Lipstick in 924 Almond.

The packaging is very nice and elegant, certainly not cheap-looking. KIKO says the Smart Lipsticks are the rich and nourishing lipsticks for total comfort. It's supposed to be buildable and have a long-lasting coverage with a satin/pearl finish.

KIKO Smart Lipstick in 924 Almond
KIKO Smart Lipstick in 924 Almond
INGREDIENTS: Polybutene, Caprylic/Capric triglyceride, Polyethylene, Cera Microcristallina, MICA, Dicalcium phosphate, Stearalkonium hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Argania spinose kernel oil, Ethyl vanillin, Carthamus tinctorius oil, Litchi chinensis fruit extract, Pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium aluminium borosilicate, Tocopheryl acetate, Tin oxide

I like the formula when I look at the ingredients, on my lips it's definitely not drying but nourishing. This is probably due to the argan oil and vitamin E KIKO has added to their formula, very nice!

KIKO Smart Lipstick in 924 Almond
Swatch on my arm

I really love the colour of this lipstick, it's the perfect nude in my opinion. Some nude lipsticks have too much pink or brown tones in them, but this one is a perfect mix of them. It  applies very smoothly and is certainly buildable like KIKO claimed. The finish is satin/pearly like the website described. Here you can see the lipstick swatched on my lips.

My bare lips

KIKO Smart Lipstick in 924 Almond
My lips with the KIKO Smart Lipstick in 924 Almond

Conclusion: it's my new everyday nude lipstick! I love the colour and the smoothness, hydratating feeling of this lipstick when I wear it. It has a nice vanilla scent to it, without being too perfumy and strong. The only downside is that it doesn't last very long. You have to reapply it throughout the day since it does not survive a meal. But for the price, colour and formula I would say it is a very good purchase!

I bought the KIKO Smart Lipstick in 924 Almond  for €3.90 at the KIKO store in Amsterdam

Labels: